by: Paramahansa Yogananda
Softcover: 123 pages 3.5" x 5.25"
Universal Prayers, Affirmations, and Visualizations
This little book offers definite metaphysical methods of meditation for the student who has struggled through the mobs of rowdy thoughts and is entering the portals of silence.
The meditations are of three types: prayers or demands addressed to God, affirmations about God, and affirmations arousing the divinity inherent in individual consciousness.
Beginners and experienced meditators alike can use these spiritualized thoughts to awaken the boundless joy, peace, and freedom of the soul.
The also emphasizes the interconnectiveness of all true spiritual paths, starting off with a prayer for a united world. It is useful for either formal meditation practice, or deep focused prayer.
Meditation, as it is used here, is the science of God-realization. Its ultimate objective is to obtain conscious awareness of God. This is achieved through concentration. While the basic mechanics of meditation technique are covered, the real substance of the book is the devotional passages that are to be focused on.
• Features more than 300 uplifting meditations, prayers, affirmations, and visualizations
• Offers introductory instructions on how to meditate
• Affirmations on devotion and worship
• Affirmations on meditations on God
• Affirmations on expansion of consciousness
• Affirmations on material concerns
• Affirmations on self-improvement
• Christmas meditations